POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : movie within : Re: movie within Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: movie within
From: Dan P
Date: 27 Jan 2004 20:12:28
Message: <40170c7c$1@news.povray.org>
Okay, now you've got me all excited. A while back, I started to work on a
Motion Blur program that would import many different kinds of graphics to do
what your Averager did, only with a dialog-based interface. I even went and
bought Visual C++ .Net 2003 so I could use the CImage class. But, life got
in the way and I let it slide off my plate.

Lately, I've become enamored with Open Source as a concept and am wondering:
would you guys be interested in a joint-venture to build a Motion-Blur
compiler studio over this newsgroup? We could take this to the next level!

I'm also working on a program I've been calling ColdStitch which will, with
luck, be an Open Source replacement for SPatch/HamaPatch (but using DirectX
instead of OpenGL* and it will have a lot more features and the target goal
is to make it shrug off a Poser model like it ain't no thang). Part of the
development was to also have it import and export just about every 3D format
I can think-of... and, and I can't stress this enough, it would be Free
Software under the GNU license so that nobody can go and suddenly call it
"Shareware" and kill it.

If there's interest in this, this could be a lot of fun! Or, I'm fairly new
to this group -- is this already happening and can I get in on the action?

PS: Please don't judge my coding skills on that posting -- I wrote that as a
quick one-off to get the job done and I thought it might illustrate the
concept. I know you should never use global variables and should comment
code -- I write C code sometimes like I write PERL code and I didn't
originally plan on releasing that to the public. :-)

* Don't give me no guff about DirectX... I don't see SGI working it's
tail-off to make OpenGL better, but Microsoft is clamoring to do so because
of their gaming franchise, and Microsoft seems to be turning a new leaf
lately... along with the rest of the industry. .NET is wonderful thing.